Monday, September 17, 2007

Mondayitis.

So much for not blogging on here eh?

Saturday morning I went shopping for a few things and ended up buying a LOT of stuff. I don't need to buy undies for a while. I got 10 pairs of my favourite kind at 50% off. I love new undies. I got an outfit for Jacki's Rock v Pop party but i ended up falling ill in the afternoon and missing all the fun. I'd really been looking forward to kicking off my birthday celebrations at that party so i was a bit pissed off that I got sick.

I took some consolation in the thought that if I went to bed early I'd feel better the next morning and go and spend a few hours in the sun at Earthdance. I finally dragged my sorry arse out of bed at about 12:30 in search of drugs (the prescription kind). I checked all my local medical centres and they were all closed (don't ever get sick on a Sunday in my neighbourhood.

I slip, slop, slapped and began to wander down towards Sydney park when I got a msg from a friend inviting me for coffee in Newtown so i took that as a sign to stay away from Sydney park and all of its temptations.

I woke up this morning at about 3:30am and popped a paracetamol hoping that when I woke at 6am my fever would be under control and I could leave for work early, dropping into the medical centre on the way and scoring some drugs. It was at that point my fevered (feverish?) mind started playing tricks on me and kept me awake thinking of everything under the sun that I really didn't want to think about. at about 5am I gave in and stuck an episode of Six Feet Under on.

I called in sick at the new job... and because I am in my probationary period it means I won't get paid for today. I took some comfort in the fact that I was booked in to do some market research tomorrow for $70... until I got a call at 10am telling me the group was cancelled.

EDITED: Self pitying paragraph deleted and replaced with this film clip


I feel like I need to have a big cry, but I don't really have anything to cry about. Maybe I should watch "Beaches" on DVD. (Unfortunately I'm not that gay so it isn't in my DVD collection)

anyway.. boo-freakin-hoo. poor me.. blah blah blah.

On the upside... my tshirts arrived in the mail today and they are pretty damned fantastic. Now I have something cool to wear at club arak on Saturday... assuming I'm over this stupid infection. I think I might need to stick to mineral water that night.

I just re-read my post and that was enough to make me cry. I feel better for it.

1 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are loved !
Have loved and will love again..

I love you.


x

Be my friend .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home