Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Isn't technology amazing?


Last night I was checking out my facebook page and I noticed that my friend had broken up with his girlfriend. There was a little broken heart icon and it said "Mr. X and Ms. X have ended their relationship". Then a little bit further down the page it said "Ms. X is now single".

I tried to call my friend to make sure he was ok but I got his message bank. Not being a fan of answering machines I SMSed him offering my condolences and support.

Am I the only one who finds it a little bit disturbing that I know my friend has ended an 18-or-so month relationship, and offered him my support without even speaking, or him contacting me directly?

Anyway, gotta go, facebook calls ;)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger sandy said...

I was recently introduced to Facebook. All this new media, of which blogging is an element, can be disturbing indeed. But I feel it can also be used in a positive way. At any rate, it's fun. I do hope, however, that my butt doesn't get too big from sitting in this chair so much.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Muzbot said...

I'm still wondering how some people are finding me in Facebook? Sure I'm not collecting friends like some people, but two people I haven't spoken to in over a year somehow found me and it's great to be in contact with them again... So, yes. The interweb still has a few surprises up it's sleve.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Boser Wolf said...

welcome to the new millennium !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home