Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Old skool weekend


I started my weekend on Thursday night at the Newtown hotel. I met up with Greg for a beer and they tried the mexican place across the road for a burrito, Gomez and Guzman I think it is called, I can definitely recommend it. It's a little bit pricey but tastey nonetheless.

We watched Greg's friend perform a very entertaining strip tease to Peaches' "Shake your bits" in their weekly competition. He ended up winning and by the time it was last drinks we were all rather sauced. (We being various acquaintances and mates who happened to be there including Puppet)

I dropped into the Impy on the way home for a "quiet beer" but as some more people from the Newtown arrived asking for donations so they could put every Spice Girls song from the jukebox on, I knew I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I think I got home at about 3/3:30ish. I made it to work on time and completely hit the wall at 2pm. I wanted to cry, vomit and cut out the section of my brain that was throbbing.

I got an SMS from Reedstar on the way home asking if I'd like to catch up for a beer. Seeing as I had slept through our planned brekky that morning I thought it was the least I could do. 1 beer turned into many and we had a rockstar style party with Juz at their place. Home at 3am.

Saturday I got up about midday - what a treat - and hit Newtown for some retail therapy. I ran into Davey on the way and had a beer with him. The rest of the day I pottered around and drank beer finishing up with a burger from the cauliflower hotel. Very good burger.

Sunday I went to Jen's place for her birthday lunch. What a spread! I ate so much cheese and drank quite a bit as well. It was great meeting some more of her friends and not surprisingly they were as lovely as she is. Before I knew it I was rather drunk and it was 10pm. That didn't stop Chris and I from dropping into the Newtown and leaving there at closing time.

It was a rather alcohol fuelled weekend but I had lots of fun. (Hence the old skool title).

2 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man you drink more than me - and we spent the whole weekend with the same people but at different times - this is getting weird. So coming again on thusday??? Jesus

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mister.... I have a vague recollection of last thursday ;)

you should see how trashy a tuesday night is in san francisco, im off to either throw up or go back out on the town....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home