Monday, August 06, 2007

New Friends, Old Friends, Fishy Friends.

Friday night began at the Green Park Hotel with Jackie, Chris, Dave, Carl and myself enjoying a few bevvies. We then headed off to scoff down a few gourmet burgers before enjoying the very black comedy, Dinner, at the Stables Theatre. I had heard good reports about the show and surprisingly it lived up to its my expectations.

Jack went home and the rest of us kicked on for a while at the very packed Flinders, then to a smoke free Manacle. I must say that I've never been much of a fan of Manacle but the atmosphere was quite jovial and not being shrouded in a haze of toxic chemicals made it all the more enjoyable. It was nice to get to know Dave and Carl a bit better, they are lovely guys and I look forward to spending more time with them.

I think I got to sleep at about 3am and woke up at 7am. I got out of bed and showered as I was petrified I would sleep through my bed delivery. The window of time I had been given was 11:30 - 2:30. It was a long wait but at 1 pm I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my ottoman was also being delivered.

My bedroom and study are now completely operational. I just need to buy a few extra cushions and I will be living in the lap of luxury. My bed kicks arse.

Saturday night I enjoyed a lovely meal at a Greek Restaurant in Marrickville. The highlight was the pickled octopus. I put it on my bread roll to make a sandwich with heaps of butter and dipped it in the vinegar/garlic/olive oil marinade. Drool.

Sunday morning I went and bought a fish, well, an eel, called Neil. He is so cool.



Sunday afternoon I met up with my oldest friend, René. He had been living in NYC for 3 years. It was so nice to hang out with him and share a few beers. We've both grown up a lot since we saw each other last but our friendship has not changed. René is probably one of the most grounded people I know and it was great to reconnect with him, and although it might sound a bit weird; he gave me a timely reminder of who I am and where I came from.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Muzbot said...

Neil the eel looks great and happy in his new home there. Sounds like another busy weekend there.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger puppet said...

is that neil's tail or head?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home