Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Breakdowns, Breakups and Breakthroughs.

I've just finished my work for the moment and after reading Muzz's last blog entry it prompted me to look back on the year that was. So much has happened, so much has been forgotten. The last 3 months of my life are chronicled on here, but what has stayed in my brain from the other 9 months?

When I look back on 2006 I am reminded of how hard some parts of it were. The first 5 days of January were particularly painful but as it was self inflicted I can't moan too much about that. I did get to meet Tom Middleton after all, not that I can remember much of the conversation, but I have a photo to prove it. I met him again in Mid-January and he remembered me and insisted I hadn't made a fool of myself on NYD (phew).



Big Day Out was a definite highlight. Alex and I spent the whole day together and had a marvellous time; oblivious to everyone else's wants, we just looked after ourselves. Sunburnt people made us laugh.

I started a course in Yoga in June which conincided with Chris' "job change". It was a very difficult time for both of us but I found my Yoga sessions very rewarding and energising. I ended up piking out towards the end of the course. Although I had enjoyed the sessions, they didn't fit into my routine; I would be so wired and full of energy when I got home at 9pm that I couldn't fall into a deep sleep until about 7am, and then I'd wake up tired. I'm looking forward to incorporating Yoga into my lifestyle in the mornings of 2007.

Friends have played such a huge role in my life this year.

June saw the return of old friends to Sydney; Reed and Justin moved in to the building next door and it has made such a huge difference having people you love in such close proximity. Being rockstars at home with these boys is always a pleasure.

New friends have arrived on the scene, and not a moment too soon either. Chris and I met Paul who could be my long lost brother... if I was Lebanese. We hit it off when we first met each other, and one of those friendships that feels like its always been there showed itself. In September we showed the Sleaze Ball what it was all about (Crap party, but we had a great time). Paul's partner, George is gorgeous as well. I've got lots of time for these 2 boys.

Through the internet I met Murray. It's funny to think back on our initial drunken "chat" when we were daring each other to go to Alexandria park and meet. What a couple of wusses. Murray has been a really good friend to me. I've found his enthusiasm and zest for life inspirational, he's been a breath of fresh air. He fits into the list of people who I love who are in close proximity. He also got me blogging on here so you all owe him an enormous debt of gratitude. ("Oh puh-lease!" I hear you say, and rightfully so).

Jackie has been everything anyone could want in a best friend. I think my favourite time with her this year was the day after my birthday party... drinking and being terribly politcally incorrect and crass and laughing harder than I had in a long time.

My birthday party was pretty kickarse; starting with dinner at Sri Thai about 20 of us enjoyed lovely food and cheap drinks. About 10 people, old and new faces kicked on at my place for what was a fantastic birthday celebration. All of the "usual suspects" fucked off to go see a DJ at about 9pm missing out on the festivities at my place. I must say that their absence was noted and appreciated. I'm not saying that I don't love these particular friends, but the more I look back on the year I realise I spent hardly any time with them. I enjoyed the time I did spend with them but the "group" has become so predictable and boring that I'd rather not go out of my way to see them... and I'd go out of my way not to see all of them in one place. (Raow) I guess as far as Reasons, Seasons and Lifetimes is concerned, a Season is over.

I must also give a mention to Markus, who I think is now going by the name of Marco. An email titled "Do this for a free iPod" from his email address broke a silence spanning more than a year and informed me that he wasn't dead. I'm glad he's OK.

Another cool thing that sticks in my mind is the Indoor Climbing course that Murray and I took part in at the Indoor Climbing Gym. I'm looking forward to getting back on the wall this Summer... and probably falling off it as well. Repeatedly.

Chris and I have had a very tumultuous year. I think we were both pushed to our breaking points and our relationship was tested on every level. We passed with flying colours. Its quite incredible to look back on the journey we've shared to see how much we've changed and evolved in the 4.5 years we've known each other. I know I've learnt a lot about myself from being with him, particularly this year, notably that I have difficulty expressing unpleasant emotions. I think blogging has been good for me in that sense. My "Fucking Cunts" post was truly a breakthrough of sorts.

Chris also fits into the list of people I love who are in close proximity, as if it needed to be said.

So as another year comes to an end I wonder what excitement 2007 will bring. I'm not going to make any new year's resolutions just yet, but I am looking forward to the inevitable change that will enter my life bringing with it challenges, laughter and love.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger ycheekymonkey said...

What a post, I look forward to hover bikes for XMAS and it's going to be a fucking awesome 2007......27 can't wait! it's my rock star year baby! I'm sure I would be in an mental institution by now if it wasn't for you Tim, then again I had a few 'mental' moments at your house. Totally. No you din't GF *click,click,click*

I wish i had an emoticon that sums up my love for you.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger wwwoof said...

That was a long and pretty awesome post - if I had achieved half of what you have in a year I would be pretty happy!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger kookyknut said...

It was a pretty long post, but it was a long year ;) Thanks for your kind words, wwwoof.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Muzbot said...

There are more than walls for us to climb next year buddy.

I'll just say thanks, and I'm looking forward to the year ahead if you'll to be part of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home