Monday, December 11, 2006

The Quiet Weekend That Wasn't

It was one of those weekends that was supposed to be quiet and really wasn't. I wanted to get the gardening out of the way but I slept through most of Sunday so that didn't happen either.

Friday night I was in bed by about 9pm. I'd had a few beers and passed out on the lounge.

I started off Saturday by shaving my head, firstly #3, then #2. Its the coolest haircut I've ever had. We just bummed around at home til about 1pm then headed to Lloyd's for a BBQ/Drinking session. We decided to get there early as to avoid the all night drinking session. I figured we'd hang around til about 6 so I'd get to see a few familiar faces and then hit the road. At 8pm it was still only Lloyd, Chris, Kim, Margaret and myself. Not the turn out I was expecting but I had another party to go to so we hit the road headed for Marrickville.


Jacki's place was cranking by the time we got there. We arrived at the same time as KT, Alex, Sara, Debs, Belinda, Annabelle and (I can't remember the other chicks name). It was a very festive affair with Xmas being the theme. I met a few new people but I'd had it in my head that I'd only stay for a few drinks then leave. So when I arrived home at 3:30 I wondered what had happened to my plan of "a few quiet drinks".
Jacki had some fabulous wardrobe changes and her new hair is fab.


Slept in until 10am, cooked some breakfast, slept some more, did a spot of shopping with Muzz and then cooked dinner for Chris, Muzz and myself. We watched "A Scanner Darkly" on DVD but I don't think I was in the right frame of mind to be watching it. The imagery was quite beautiful to watch but it was very distracting from the complex dialogue; I found the storyline quite difficult to follow but I wonder if that was the director's intention. I'll watch it again and see how I go.

So next weekend I am actually going to do the gardening on Saturday. Mark my words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home