Friday, December 08, 2006

Annual Leave Debarcle Continued...

The first thing I did after vented on here was to ask the accounts lady to work out how much annual leave I had owing. When I got home Bina came over for dinner so she helped me forget about my annual leave issues. I think the height of the evening came when discussing getting a bikini wax when you are having your period. What if the string of your tampon stuck to the wax strip and got flung across the room, leaving a trail of blood and gore in its wake? This even grossed Chris out, but we all laughed until we hurt anyway.

When I finally got to bed I couldn't get the annual leave issue out of my head and I resolved that I would confront Harry first thing in the morning when I got to work. My opening line was going to be something along the lines of, "I like to say I don't have any regrets, but I really regret saying I'd work that week of my holidays". I was willing to compromise as I HAD agreed to work that week but I figure I deserved something in return.

When I got to work it was flat out. Ruth told me that after Xmas I would have 11 days annual leave which would be just enough to take Big Day Out off and have another 2 weeks afterwards... plus the Australia Day holiday. Also worth mentioning is that school kids will be locked safely in their classrooms during this time.

I wrote my request on a post it and handed it to Harry, he checked his diary and said it was OK... much like last time. "Can I get that in writing?", I said, half joking. He said, "No".

So I got some more time off, not exactly what I wanted but enough time to forget about work (I am going to make it very clear that I am going away and will be uncontactable). There was no showdown but that's probably a good thing.

1 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm thinking of having the same time off in Jan/Feb too! Maybe we can go for a day climbing during those weeks.?! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home