Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Another Completed Work.

Walking home from work last night I made it to the corner of Mandible street and Bowden Street (you can find my name in the cement there if you don't belive I've been there before) and decided I needed a cool track to listen to for the last 5 minutes of my walk home. I finally found "Alive and Kicking" by Jean Winner on my iPod and turned it up.

I picked up the pace as the bass instructed me too and I was about to overtake these 2 guys when I saw some council worker barriers ahead fencing off the footpath. I slowed down a bit in case it was wet cement. I picked up a stick and pretended to play with my phone in case the other guys turned around and wondered why I was tailing them one minute and falling behind the next. Slightly paranoid? Yes. It was wet cement, YAY!

As we approached the detour onto the road, one of the other guys picked up a stick and got busy on the first piece of cement, I overtook him, stick in hand and wrote: "CONCRETE 2 TIM 2006" down the bottom. (I was undecided as to whether I should write 2006 or 2007 after my recent mistake but I decided that I didn't want these strangers to think I was stupid and didn't even know what year it was.

In hindsight I probably should have written 2007 because now the first work is "Concrete", 2007 and the 2nd work is "Concrete 2", 2006. I was going to post pictures of them but then I would look even more stupid, so I guess you are just going to have to check them out to make sure they really exist. Its right near the corner of Mandible St and Wyndham st, out the front of the dry cleaner, near a tree.

This morning when I walked past I noticed one of the guys had written "SMOKE DOPE". I like it.

2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should write everything starts with 'E'.....'cause it does.....

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*singing along*...

L comin' in strong
S comin' in strong
Dj Long Jay Long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home