Thursday, February 25, 2010

Assertiveness > Politeness

This afternoon I had my neighbour, Nija, over to help her connect her mac to my wireless internet. It didn't take as long as expected, and the sun was shining so we decided to walk over to the pub for a beer (I had a diet coke). We were enjoying a chat and then my other neighbour, Sean, walked past.

I initially met Sean at the Oxford Hotel, he was working and he asked me if my name was Tim and if I lived at (my current address). I asked him how the fuck he knew and he said he lived next door to me and his housemate pointed me out to him as I walked past. It was kind of creepy

We finished our drinks and all walked back to our building together, then said our goodbyes.

Moments later he buzzed me and asked if he could hang out for a bit (for some retarded reason he and his housemate only have one security key). His housemate had gone walkabout and he couldn't get in touch with her.

I stupidly said yes. He came in with a shitload of beer and asked me if I'd like some. I replied, "no thanks, I'm not drinking".

"Why?"

"Several reasons"

And then the standard Australian response, "Are you sure you don't want some?"

We stood out on the balcony for a bit and made small talk while he smoked cigarettes and drank beer.

His phone bleeped and after checking it he informed me that his housemate was off somewhere scoring pot and would be an hour.

Sure he can hang out. "I guess it's only an hour", I thought.

I really wasn't in the mood to entertain so I kept whacking Simpsons episodes on, expecting his housemate to arrive home at any time. I wasn't making any conversation and just kept watching telly.

I was starving so I cooked myself dinner and didn't offer him any because I wanted him to get the fuck out of my house. I can't believe how annoying I was finding his presence. I really love living alone, and I really love my own company.

"A little longer, Tim, a little longer", I kept telling myself.

After his fourth visit to the bathroom and three longnecks of beer (plus the schooner at the pub) he came and sat down next to me, a little too close.

*sigh* "Here we go", I thought.

Then he tried to put the moves on me, stinking of beer and cigarettes. I put my hand up and said "no".

"Why?"

"I don't want to"

"Why?"

"I just don't want to"

"but I thought..." blah blah blah.

"No"

He sent a text message and guess what? His housemate replied almost instantly and had just arrived home.

He left, three hours after arriving. Now I'm in a shitty mood because he stole my fucking night. I didn't have anything planned but I'm sure I would have come up with something better than entertaining his sorry arse. I can't even watch Simpsons to cheer myself up because I've already been watching it for the past three hours.

Grumble, grumble.

>:(

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Eeeew! What a horrible person :(

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Peter said...

So it was a set-up from the beginning, just to be close to you and getting more closer if it worked out.

But you "kicked" him out the right way.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger joe*to*hell said...

you mean the rank of ber and cigarettes isnt an instant turn on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home