Thursday, February 25, 2010

oh, Academia.



I started back at school on Tuesday night. It was great to be back. There are three cool chicks in my class that I enjoyed studying with last term. This term I am completing the modules Introduction to Psychology and Counselling Skills 2.

I've really been looking forward to Introduction to Psychology, I've always had an interest in what makes people (and myself) tick. Although the lesson was supposed to introduce us to Psychology and giving us an idea of what we would be learning about, most of it went over my head and I couldn't really grasp what the teacher was trying to teach us. I put it down to the fact that he didn't have a lesson plan and was happy to go off on a tangent for 3 hours. It was pretty interesting, but I didn't feel like I learned anything. I was confident that after I read the course guide I'd have a better idea of what was going on.

I was wrong. I didn't have a clue how much biology would be involved in the basics. I finished about half of my reading last night and it took some serious concentration, particularly because my brain has been on holidays for a few months.

I've resigned myself to the fact that this year I am going to save lots of money, which means less partying, which will give me more time to study, which should take the pressure off when assessment dates draw nearer. It's win/win, right? Then why the fuck do I still struggle to sit down with a book?

My goals for yesterday were to clean the house, do my washing and do some study. Washing - done. House - clean. Study - I'll start in 5 minutes. Why the fuck must I procrastinate? I really need to do something about this. Time to google some study tips.

For the record I did do some study, and it wasn't all that painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home