Thursday, May 10, 2007

Good to be a grunger.


Yesterday at about 1pm I was given the good news from a friend that he had successfully organised some tickets for Chris and I to see silverchair at their sold out show at the Enmore Theatre. I was going to try and surprise Chris, but if I have learnt anything in the past 5 years it's that Chris has an uncanny way of knowing if I am trying to surprise him... then he annoys the hell out of me until I cave in and tell him, thus ruining the surprise and giving me the shits. So I rang Chris, told him the good news and he found it difficult to contain himself.

We had dinner and then a few warm-up dinks where I ran into my cousin who was also going to see silverchair. Upon entering the Enmore I notice they had removed all the seating in the back section downstairs. The crowd eagerly awaited the beginning of the show and as soon as a curtain was dropped to reveal a stunning backdrop which took inspiration from their new CD cover, I knew it was going to be a great show.

They opened up with Young Modern Station which is one of my fave tracks off the album. They played most of the tracks off their new album, the highlights being Straight Lines, Losing Sleep, and Those Thieving Birds.

They also took the crowd on a trip down memory lane with favourites off their various previous albums. I didn't realise how much of their music I was familiar with. There were a couple of tracks I didn't know and found it difficult to hear because the crowd was singing along with such gusto it was hard to hear Daniel at all!

What a show! So much crowd participation and so much love in the room... not to mention the flashy lights (I'm quite big on flashy lights). I received an SMS from my cousin near the end of their encore which really summed the performance up for me: "Amazing".

He also sent another message: "I love women and I wanna fuck him.... ?"

You really can't blame him though. Daniel Johns is a very talented man.

It was nice to revisit my "grunger" past and I think I'll be seeing a lot more rock-bands in the near future.

3 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

Ah, reliving the old days :)

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Boser Wolf said...

My God, yes youre even more behind in your writings than i am

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger seymour said...

Never grow up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home