Friday, March 28, 2008

Spoonies

I picked up a few things from my local supermarket yesterday. Being in a neighbourhood that has lots of public housing with tenants in a low socio-economic bracket, I have witnessed some interesting things in the past while I've been shopping:

A woman shoplifting something screamed until the security guard let her go. It was quite a scene. Another guy tried to steal some painkillers and got caught, they let him go after they retrieved the pills.

One morning a girl was frantically swiping card after card through the EFTPOS machine at the counter. The check-out chick pretended to help. I couldn't work out what was going on until I realized that the customer had stolen a shitload of gift vouchers from the post office, not realising they needed to be activated before you could redeem their value. It was quite hilarious when she gave up and started reading the instructions.

Yesterday I heard a woman (who sounded a bit drunk) say to her friend: They sell smokes but they don't fuckin' sell spoons, come on.

I couldn't help but laugh

Last night at a dinner party I heard one of the guests say:

I told my mum she's not allowed to ring me if she's drunk and using the computer.

That cracked me up.

2 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Blogger Boser Wolf said...

you have to laugh dont ya...even tho its really a bit sad

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Trevor Messersmith said...

I live for this shit - seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home