Monday, November 13, 2006

Carbs, Clouds, Coffee & Little Miss Sunshine

I spent yesterday eating carbs. We had pork rolls from Mascot for breakfast and stocked up on 3 different kinds of bread from 2 bakeries. Chris had a nap so I walked to the newsagent at Waterloo to see if any of the lotto games I got for my birthday had ben lucky. I won $10.35 on one of them - Woohoo! I wandered over to Marrickville to visit Kev at the bakery. On the way over I couldn't stop looking at the sky, it was such a beautiful day and I really took my time (I would have taken photos but I think I already overdid the cloud thing on Friday), normally I power walk... maybe it was whatever I was listening to on my iPod that governed my pace... or it could have been the heat. I had a croissant when I got there. 10/10 as per usual.

Last night we just bummed around watching crap TV.

This morning we were up early so we headed to the Newtown festival with Aki in tow. We beat the heat and the crowds and got to see the "doggie dash" competitions. VERY exciting stuff. We were only there for about half an hour before heading to the News Café for a chat and some people watching.



It was such a lovely day so we thought what better way to spend it than wandering around air conditioned Bondi Junction Westfield, or BJW to Eastern Suburbs Trash, I mean Eastern Suburbs Folk. Reed was looking for something to do so he came along too. I've had 2 free movie tickets sitting on my fridge since July so it was time to use them. Chris and I had initially planned on seeing Saw 3 but Reed isn't too keen on those kind of movies so we changed plans to see "Little Miss Sunshine" and I am so glad we did. It was such great Sunday afternoon viewing.

I hadn't heard much about Little Miss Sunshine but I had only heard good things. Margaret and David both gave it 4 stars. I give it 4.5 stars. I laughed, I cried, I laughed and cried at the same time. You don't need to see it on the big screen though... the little screen will be fine.

2 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger ycheekymonkey said...

I'm glad you rated 'Little miss sunshine' highly, I want to see it....mmmm.....carbs.
Too bad 'little miss sunshine' doesn't start with a 'C' would have made for better alliteration, perhaps you could make it 'clittle miss sunshine'
I might just shut up now...love you

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger kookyknut said...

still laughing at this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home