Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Kennards, Crashing and Kmart

My weekend was pretty low key. Actually, come to think of it I got rather sloshed on Friday night with Muzz and 2 of his mates. We started off at the Kurrajong then wandered up to the Impy for a while. I took Muzz on a tour of the alleyway where Chris and I named all the cats we used to encounter when we walked from Erko to his place on Buckland St. They were all sleeping. He must definitely think I am a crazy cat person now.

Not sure when I got to bed but I got up at about 10. Had a shower and brekkie then headed to Kennards with D and Dru to meet Marty and crew to help him move all of his and K's stuff. Kennards is such a weird place. I've never been to a storage place before, it was very eerie (see pic below, I made it a little eerier). There were 8 of us in total so it was a pretty painless exercise, except when Marty clipped the bumper of a car with the back the hire truck.




Had some Japanese for a late lunch with Chris at the Pinnochio Cafe in Kensington. It was pretty nice but I was a little bit full when I got there so I was totally stuffed when I left. I'll make sure I have an empty stomach next time I go for Japanese.

Yesterday we went to Metro for a while (the Xmas decorations are up - it's hideous) and I spotted an inverted Xmas tree in Kmart. I don't know what it's all about, it's very odd though.

4 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger KPB said...

the inverted christmas tree is merely the work of a school-aged bored casual employee who was just out to stir up some shit. That or they reallllly want to do window displays at David Jones and think this is the perfect way to get their attention.
Who would buy a purple Christmas tree anyway???

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger kookyknut said...

I thought it was some casual employee playing silly buggers, but i can't understand why it would still be like that at Midday on a Sunday. I suppose the managers aren't all that enthused about their jobs either.

Purple XMas trees are for fools, I actually have a pink Xmas tree - its heaps better. Will post some pics when I put it up.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Muzbot said...

My xmas tree is shiny and sparkly blue. A pure tinsel tree. A little over the top I know, but I save heaps on decorations becuse they are just not needed...

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Muzbot said...

oh, and... I've always thought you were a crazy cat person...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home