Saturday, June 21, 2008

untitled

The other night as i was drifting off into sweet slumber a pleasant memory popped into my head. (I think it has something to do with eating healthily and not drinking)

When I was 9 I went to the dentist with my parents, 2 brothers and my sister. All of us kids got a check up and fluoride treatment. Like all kids we hated going to the dentist with a passion, even if he was out uncle. It was a miserable day outside and after we had all been seen our minds turned to the only thing worse than the dentist: school.

It was at that point Mum and Dad gave my sister a handful of cash and told her to take us to the movies. We all walked up to the train station with smiles on our faces like it was Christmas morning. We went into the city and watched Honey, I shrunk the kids... and we all really enjoyed it.

My parents only recently sold their house and they are moving up the coast so it will require a little more effort (and an overnight stay) to see them. One of my brothers lives in Qld so I don't see him very often , although lately we have been calling each other and just talking about bullshit(my favourite!). My other brother and I have a strained relationship which we've both put a lot of effort into building in the last few years, with a really good outcome.

I think this memory that popped into my head was the last time I felt so close to my family. We all love each other but being the youngest child (by 5 years) I never really felt that close to my siblings. And being a fag I kind of felt like the black sheep when I'd turn up to a family bbq having not slept from the night before and eagerly anticipating the first moment I could escape.

Anyway, I don't really know where all that came from.

I'm off for brekkie.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet. Very sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home