Thursday, March 22, 2007

Where the hell have I been?

Well seeing as I don't have pinky back yet I don't have any photo evidence of the truly exciting things I've been getting upto and you wouldn't believe what I blogged wthout some kind of proof. I haven't done anything all that exciting really. I saw "Sister She" a couple of weeks back, followed by the cabaret show at "Sydney's Las Vegas" aka Marrickville RSL club. Very, very messy. I couldn't remember how I got home.

I also went to the Newtown hotel last thursday with Muzz and saw lots of familiar faces, and even met a couple of nice new people! :O

Now that I have that crap out of the way...

I feel horrible, I think depressed is the word. I work with great people, I work for really nice, flexible bosses... and I get paid well for the amount of bludging I do. Unfortunately I am finding it more and more difficult to ignore the fact that I am bored shitless and I get little to no job satisfaction.

Over the last couple of months I have been making lots of mistakes and each time I do I feel like I am letting my co-workers down and I get a serious case of the guilts(I get over it quickly enough though.. hahahah). I have even been much less complacent than I was 12 months ago and still I keep fucking up. There was a point last year for months where I didn't check ANY of my work becasue I hadn't made a mistake for so long I figured I was due (how bad is that?)... Now I actually check my work and still I fuckup because deep down I don't give a shit about flash drives, or mouse mats, or the 99% of customers who ask the earth, get it served to them on a silver platter and can't be fucked saying "thank-you".

So I'm putting it out there... I need a new job. Actually, I need a new career... and I don't think I can put it off much longer.

5 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Muzbot said...

Take a bit of a risk and figure out what it is that would make you happy. Then take the plunge. I did it when I was about your age and I never looked back. Sure there were tough times (sometimes very tough), but I love what I do and the only one who got me where I am today was me. Gota love that.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger wwwoof said...

The history of my life is all about plunging head on - sometimes it pays off and sometimes not!

But I still recommend plunging to sitting still - right up there with Muzz.....

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Monty said...

Give it a go...life's too short to be stuck in an unfulfilling job!

PS Just read the past few weeks of your blog and saw your MG pics...were you in the Amnesty float?

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger kookyknut said...

Well it appears it's unanimous. I need a new job. I have set the wheels in motion. Hopefully I'll be working somewhere new very soon.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Monty said...

Thanks for the response KN. I asked because NSSG was in the Amnesty float and they were wearing orange shirts too. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home