Friday, March 09, 2007

The Lair

On Tuesday I received a random email with details about a band called !!! (chk.chk.chk). There were a few contests to enter so I emailed someone the answer to a simple question and forgot about it. The next day I received another email telling me I had won 2 tickets to be part of the audience for an MTV show called "The Lair" which was being filmed at The Metro last night.

I met Chris after work and we caught the train into the city and as we passed the Star Bar (formerly Planet Hollywood) an advertisment for $5 steaks caught our eyes. 10 minutes later we were scoffing down dinner.

The security at The Metro was laughable, anyone could have walked in (and I think I might be doing just that in the future if a bad I fancy is playing there). Upon entering The Metro I though I would grab a beer. To my suprise the beer was FREE. This helped me to overcome my dislike for Tooheys Extra Dry. As the night wore on they ran out of Extra Dry and started serving VB - YAY! They still served it in Extra Dry cups though so that the TV audience would think we were drinking extra dry... funny, no?

We couldn't really see the first band who played as they were right above us (there were 3 stages set up in a very weird formation). !!! (chk.chk.chk) played next and they were quite cool... some guy in a huge bunny suit stage dived.. then someone in the audioence poured a beer into the mouth of the bunny suit.. then the bunny hit the floor.. next thing I saw was a bunny head flying at the stage.

We wandered up the back and discovered another stage where these weird looking guys in skeleton suits started playing a very familiar bassline. It turned out to be "Who Made Who" and they were playing the track that Benny Benassi made famous by remixing, "Satisfaction". It fucking rocked.

That other nameless band played another underwhelming song. Then !!! (chk.chk.chk) played their new single (i think) called "Heart of Hearts". It completely went off. we left the mosh pit just before it ended to ensure we were up the front for Who Made Who. Those guys kick arse. I wish I could afford to go to Playground Weekender this weekend. There is going to be so much cool music being played.

We left as soon as they stopped serving beer and managed to get soaked walking home in the rain. It was kind of nice actually.

That was my exciting night in TV land. I think I'll do talk shows next.

4 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger seymour said...

!!! are amazing! Very close ties to Lcd Sundsystem... Who made Who are ace too!
You're living up to your kooky name kid! Keep on trucking!
Big licks!

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm Free beer

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Muzbot said...

Oooh I love a cheesy TV talk show appearance... what do you think you're show would be about?

Sounds like a great night.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello!! *Waves*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home