Monday, February 26, 2007

Pancakes, Parties and Packing

Hooray for alliteration!

Chris and I had dinner on Friday night at this dodgy little vietnamese place on Friday night, and had those pancake/omelette things full of mince and prawns. Only $8.50. Bargain! We watched the Tropfest finalists but fell asleep halfway thru.

Saturday we got up early and walked to Woolahrah and back stopping off for coffee breaks every now and then. Had sushi train with Paul for lunch. Was good to see him... hadn't seen him for ages.

Headed home and then got dressed and shit for my Bro-in-law's 40th B'day party at my sister's house, it had a gangster theme (I am so fucking over theme parties). It was a pretty average night to be honest. It absolutely bucketed down and trapped people downstairs as the only way up was through the flooded backyard. The food got there late, and after everyone ate the carbo-loaded dinner I think everyone was ready for bed. I haven't heard such terrible speeches in a long time. When will people learn that "less is more"?

There were about 80 or so people there none of which were 20-somethings (not that I need people my own age to chat to but I kind of felt a bit out of place which was strange). I made an effort to mingle but I found all the forty-somethings rather unapproachable (maybe I wasn't drunk enough). I drank all night but didn't even get pissed. I did, however, have a good chat to my brother who I am not particularly close to, and his lovely girlfriend.

Sunday I sifted through some of my boxes of crap, then I headed up to my sister's place with Mum and hung out with my sister and the kids, eating leftover cake.

I got home and packed up the last of my boxes. Now all I need to do is pack my clothes and I am sooooo outta there. YAY!

All in all a pretty busy and productive weekend.

Den and Gez

Robyn and Me

Me, Gez, Chloe and Sam

6 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Muzbot said...

Wow - you scrub up alright! Lookin' rather schmik there!
I have to admit, I'm a sucker for the theme party. I'm one of those freaks that usually go all out.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger wwwoof said...

Agree with you on theme parties - went to a 'sixties party' sturday night and was so over the hippy costumes and brady bunch look alikes - until two guys came dressed as women in their sixties! They thought the party was about dressing as the older generation lol!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Monty said...

Fan of your alliteration too! And I must agree with Muz, I'm a dead-set sucker for theme parties!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger kookyknut said...

Wait until you get invited to 6 theme parties in a row and then tell me if you still like them.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Muzbot said...

Man, I'd be lucky to be invited to one party in 6 years! Well, maybe that's not true, but I am very selective on which ones I go to.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Tequilla Mockingbird said...

I find at these gatherings if they are dull and there is no fun to be had- hot foot it the bar and order yourself a couple of cheeky Tequillas and before long it will seem a lot more fun

Loving the outfits by the way!

TM x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home