Thursday, October 02, 2008

Romance is not dead.

Last Thursday I went out for drinks with work colleagues to farewell our glorified receptionist. It turned into quite a big night. We headed back to a B-Grade celebrity's house for more drinks and got rather pissed. I decided to walk home and as I crossed Oxford St a cute-ish guy in a car made eyes at me and I smiled. As I walked past he offered me crystal meth and sex.

That soon wiped the smile off my face.

Last night I had plans to catch up with a few friends and for various reasons the night was cut short before it had really begun. I phoned a friend to see if they wanted to catch up and as I did a rather cute, nerdy looking guy smiled at me and I smiled back. Not a moment later I heard a car horn and as I craned my neck to see who it was, it was cute-nerd-guy poking his head out from his car. Again, I smiled back and giggled like a schoolgirl that someone beeped their horn at me.

Walking up the street I was feeling quite pleased with myself and relayed the events to my friend who I was still on the phone to. I got to a set of lights and as I waited for the little green man to appear, cute-nerd-guy popped up right in front of me, greeting me with yet another smile. I smiled back as he handed me his card and ran back to his car.

After I crossed the street and composed myself, I ended my call and read the card.

If you're single & free call me. You're cute. x Cute-nerd-guy


awww

how romantical.

I emailed him today to tell him I wasn't available but thanking him for making my evening. I told him if I saw him out I'd love to buy him a drink.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Muzbot said...

I can see why you labeled it "awww"! But I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. You ARE cute. Well, I have always thought so anyway.

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought so !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home