Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fully sick

I am just getting over a bout of the flu, it really knocked me out. I did manage to (finally) get internet connected at home though, but I am posting this at work because there is fuck-all to do.

I went to Club Kooky's 13th b'day on the 3rd of May and got completely annihilated, so I guess that's how I got the flu. the music was fantastic but the night is somewhat of a blur, i did manage to catch up with some of my favourite people though, so that was good. There was a pic of me and Chris in one of the Fag-Rags, we look like fucking idiots, oh well (there are more idiots on the same page, so it ain't all bad).

I spent Mother's Day at my sister's place with the family (sans Peter), and just kind of kicked back as I wasn't feeling 100%. My 3 yr old nephew, Ben, was in top form., Running around with a pirate hat on, a feather-sword, tickling everyone in turn saying "tih-koo, tih-koo, tih-koo", before erupting into squeals of laughter. I'll have to upload a pic of him when I get home (can you believe that not 1 of these G5s has bluetooth?)

EXCITING NEWS: On the way home Mum and Dad informed me that they were going to stick a load of cash into my bank account from the money they made from selling their house. It's enough money to get me completely out of debt and make a significant start on my holiday savings fund. I feel like I won the lottery. now I just need to decide on a holiday location.

I'm not sure when I'm going to have enough cash to travel, but I don't want to travel to a cold climate, and I don't want to pay peak season prices. I am thinking of going for 3 weeks. 2 weeks of travelling, and 1 week of feet up, drinks with umbrellas and sunshine.

So far my potential destinations include: USA (NYC and Vegas mainly), Spain or Thailand.

Spain will be quite expensive I imagine but with the Aussie dollar so strong against the US dollar I'd like to take advantage of it while I can. I made friends with a travel agent the other day and I'm having a beer with him on Thursday, I might pick his brain then.

Any suggestions?

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger joe*to*hell said...

NYC is always fab....but please - dont go to Vegas! Its abhorrent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home